Though the climate exterior nonetheless seems like winter, I’m excited to see indicators of Spring throughout. A kind of indicators is asparagus. Asparagus is one in every of my favourite Spring greens, and this fast stir-fry made with hen, lemon, garlic and ginger is an effective way to make it a weeknight meal.
I used a reduced-sodium Japanese soy sauce referred to as Shoyu which is analogous to Chinese language soy sauce, however has a extra full bodied flavored and a contact of sweetness that I’m actually in love with. I like Eden, which is natural and non-GMO. You need to use both one, and even Tamari in the event you’re gluten free. We served this over brown rice to finish the meal.
- 1 half of kilos skinless hen breast, minimize into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to style
- half of cup reduced-sodium hen broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce (or Tamari for GF)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, minimize into 2-inch items
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp contemporary ginger
- three tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- contemporary black pepper, to style
- Flippantly season the hen with salt. In a small bowl, mix hen broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl mix the cornstarch and water and blend nicely to mix.
- Warmth a big non-stick wok over medium-high warmth, when sizzling add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and prepare dinner till tender-crisp, about three to four minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and prepare dinner till golden, about 1 minute. Put aside.
- Improve the warmth to excessive, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the hen and prepare dinner till browned and cooked via, about four minutes on all sides. Take away and put aside and repeat with the remaining oil and hen. Put aside.